Friday, May 25, 2007

Brushing off the Will of God?




Blaming a bird, Dana Perino claimed the crap meant "good luck". However, sources present at the incident say a single bird, working alone, could not have pulled it off. Furthermore, no bird is in custody and no charges have been filed.

I say, until they can produce this alleged bird, we should assume that God crapped on him. It sounds like good, Bush Administration, science to me. Things don't just fall from the sky in Bush's universe. Except: artillery, frogs, locusts, precipitation, birds, lightning, rocks (meteors and other) and, occasionally some unfortunate airplane, and it's crew members/passengers. Many of these are regularly attributed to God and few are considered good luck. (Moderate precipitation being a notable exception.)

Why wouldn't crap follow the same rules? Even if a bird did crap on him; is it not probable that God directed the bird to crap there? I think God has given a sign but, as is His want, He has left it to us to interpret it. Mr. Bush's camp claims it's good luck. It's their right to interpret a sign as they see fit. I Believe it's a sign that something greater, and more mysterious, than Man has cast It's vote.

2 comments:

monkeyowl said...

I caught your diary at Smirking Chimp where you mention "modern protest songs." I was wondering if you had made any progress in getting them produced. At Smirking Chimp and Daily Kos, I am nightowl724. I write parodies.

Pete said...

Hi monkeyowl. We are making slow progress with our album. My band "Blind Eye Surgeons" consists of four perfectionists so, we are having some difficulty in deciding when we have a good take. That being said, we all have favorites which we consider complete, however, they aren't the same songs for each of us. Sigh. I have been pushing for the web release of some of our best work so, I'm hopeful that we should be publishing soon.